Often regarded as a summer fruit, here’s a way to enjoy it all year long!
The fruit is more versatile than one might think! Try this moist and tasty tea bread, with a cup of our GC Lavender Grey tea, of course!
I hope you enjoy!
Lavender Ginger Cantaloupe Tea Bread
A sweet flavorful recipe for tea time or any time of day.
- 3 c. flour (sifted)
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. ripe cantaloupe (pureed or smashed)
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 t. Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 T. GC Lavender Candied Ginger, finely chopped (or 2 t. freshly grated ginger or 1/2 t. dried ground ginger)
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. pecans finely chopped
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and ginger. Whisk together. Set aside.
- Place oil, vanilla, brown and white sugar and cantaloupe in a stand mixer (or separate mixing bowl).
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Fold in pecans.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into pans, dividing it evenly.
- Bake for 60 min. at 350F or until a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
Cantaloupe is an easy addition to your diet. And with research indicating there might be some sight saving benefit from this plants’ pigments, why not try embracing this “color theory”?
Add our GC Lavender Candied Ginger to your pantry staples. This culinary treasure is extremely versatile: Enjoy as a natural candy, use it in stir fry, or use it as we did here, in bakery!