While iceberg lettuce isn’t as nutrient rich as Romain lettuce or other dark leafy greens, it is still a go to for crunch and freshness! Take the fresh cool taste of summer and enjoy!
Lavender Ranch Iceberg Lettuce
Take the ordinary and make it special!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. buttermilk (or regular)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 3/4 t. culinary lavender, ground
- 3/4 t. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. fine sea salt
- dash black pepper
- Begin by prepping the iceberg lettuce. Wash the head lettuce and disgard any damaged top leaves.
- Cut the head into 6 even wedges.
- Let drain on paper towel while preparing dressing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mayo, sour cream and buttermilk together until smooth.
- Add lemon zest, juice, lavender and spices and mix until well blended.
- Transfer into a glass container and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Place lettuce wedges cut side up and drizzle with lavender ranch. Enjoy!
This recipe pairs perfectly with steak or as a dipping side to hot wings!
If you don’t have a spice grinder, place the lavender between your palms and rub to break down the buds. As you do this releasing the oils of the buds and getting the wonderful fragrance of lavender!
Order online and get the best culinary lavender from GC Lavender!